Monday, February 16, 2009

When can I go to the supermarket and buy what I want with my good looks?

Occasionally, I don't mind so much living at home. Money that other people would spend on important things like water bills can go towards shoes. Only, I can't live in my shoes (not unless I buy a few more pairs and build some kind of fort, then it just becomes a problem of fortifying the property.)

Then there are the other times, when I visit the smallish, cozy apartments of friends who never have to ask anyone to turn down The O'Reilly Factor or wake to find the food they'd bought for lunch has been replaced by a five dollar bill. I keep looking, but I haven't found an apartment that's less than a paycheck and does not require a roommate. Roommates (while I have had one good one) leave the door open and the stove on (ok, that one wasn't a roommate but I don't see why someone else wouldn't do it.) I'm not really inclined to move in with anyone I don't know and the people I do know would either also prefer to live alone or I would prefer not live with me. I suppose an economical experiment is in order. Or I can hold out for a magical studio apartment that is neither too far from work or school and well under the sum total of my biweekly paycheck. I have a feeling it doesn't exist, not that I won't keep looking.

Then again, I could just be inventing something to talk about so as not to mention the finer details of my weekend (or else, I fear I may get away from myself and sound them from rooftops and I think that just might kill them. I have to be able to keep something for myself.)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

maybe if the economy keeps getting worse, we will resort to a barter system. them you can trade some of your good looks for groceries :)