Monday, August 4, 2008

It's a shame I won't get to buy that dress I'm never going to wear again...

After receiving an e-mail this morning from the the maid of honor in one of the 19 million weddings I'm attending this year (did I miss the part of graduation where they passed out that Kool-Aid?) and one of two I in which I was asked to be a bridesmaid, I had to beg off. This particular wedding has seemed semi-ridiculous since jump but I kept hoping it would mellow. It has not.

Today I found out how to go through an entire paycheck in one fell swoop (without having anything to show for it):

$877
-200 (getting there and back)
-250 (staying there for the weekend)
-160 (being clothed during the ceremony. This includes, but is not limited to, dyeable shoes.)
-60 (the present, which could not include bacon-of-the-month at this price.)
-200 (boarding my dog, may not be necessary but I have to assume it because the rest of my family will be at my cousin's wedding.)
_____
7.00

What can you do for &7?
- buy two Venti iced coffees from Starbucks (You get change!)
-Pay my current overdue charges at the library.
-go to and almost get home from work for one day (in 14).
-go to an afternoon movie and sneak in some gum and soda you stole from your mother.
-lie in bed and cry (but not so much that you require kleenex, it's cost prohibitive) until you get paid again.



-

No comments: