Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's a lot of look...

This weekend I will, yet again, take my meager earnings to the mall. If getting into heaven rests on my ability to refrain from covetousness, I am totally and completely screwed. Like, table-of-one-at-the-ninth-layer-of-hell screwed.

I can stop myself from over-indulging in most anything--cupcakes, alcohol, dangerous men. The fall line from Michael Kors ready-to-wear collection makes me feel things I cannot politely describe.

I spent a lot of high school trying to look "different". I died my hair various shades of black cherry. I had fuschia-colored fishnet stocking (I wore whenever humanly possible). I had 42" wide pants (at the bottom, not the top--I've managed to negotiate a 6 most of my mid/post-puberty life, which has lately slid down to a 4 at some stores...my new favorite stores.) I rocked plaid mini skirts and shirts with PUNK! written on them in red glitter(the irony did not entirely escape me, thank you very much.)

I eschewed twinsets (still do, unless they are leopard print or otherwise necessary) and khaki. But I find myself compelled to explore this wonderful structured retro-schoolgirl glamour. Mostly it's this dress (forth down from the top) that does it to me. I could do that. I can do that hair. I've had similar glasses. I already own a pair of brown leather peep-toe heels that would compliment the overall feel. It's so...structured. I prefer structure else where in my wardrobe. Why would I think that etherial works in my wardrobe better that darting and a sleek sillohuette? Frankly, it also works better with my body type. Flimsy looks big on curves.

Now I must attempt my Michael Kors fantasties (also D&G this season) on my Forever21 budget.

Alas and woe is me.

No comments: