Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dear John...

I had planned to take tiny bits of my bi-weekly earnings and spend them on building a respectable work/rest of life wardrobe, saving for school and imaginary-in-the-future rent and all the other fees that go along with. Nope. Not gonna happen.

I have to replace my iPod. About two weeks ago I dropped it coming out of the Vienna Metro and it's been acting skishy since. It won't turn off or sync, and it makes laborious computer hard drive dying sounds whenever I request a change of song. So that's like, $250 bucks. Gone.

Also, my dearest Bagel has a stye in her eye. I only noticed last night. I'm pretty sure that means it only showed up then as I get a pretty good look at the girl once a day. I was just going to let it be for a week but then I made the mistake of looking up the condition online. It turns out it could be completely benign...or Bagel will be blind by the time I pull up to my house this evening. I stopped looking up people symptoms online because of this. Why did I think it would be any different for animals?

I really should look into my own online-breakup letter writing service. I could set up a Paypal account. Get something going on eBay. This could be done.

No comments: