Friday, October 31, 2008

Decisions, decisions...

Walking into the Vienna Metro this morning I had to make an awkward decision. Shake hands with former Governor, now-Senatorial candidate Jim Gilmore, or grab an Express from the guy who stands outside the entrance on weekday mornings and hands them out...

He could have stood just inside the gateway or slightly in front of the Express fellow. Out of deference to my mother (whose overriding sense of propriety pops in my head during just such occasions[also whenever I am tempted to refer to President Bush as Grand High Ass Twat in an official sense instead of giving due respect to the office]), I shook fr.gov. Gilmore's hand first and quickly moved to get an Express. Very quickly. I'll be voting for Warner. He's had my vote since he spoke in the Bonnie last spring and, when asked, told the crowd that while law degrees and MBA's could get you pretty far, it doesn't mean anything if you don't pay attention in English class.

I'd probably vote for anyone who stumps on the importance of a liberal arts education. Hell, all Joe Biden had to do was have a staffer put a Seamus Heaney poem on his facebook page.

No comments: