Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My day (12-21) in 6 pictures...

Yesterday, thanks to snOMG! '09!, I had the day off and elected to document it... (pardon my complete inability to format this properly, the accompanying text is all at the bottom.)













1. That fortune was in the sink when I came down to rinse out my coffee cup. It reads "you will be traveling and come into a fortune." That it was wet, stuck to the sink might say something. Also, it could be less vague. Will finding the fortune require me to travel first? Will I do each independent of the other? It could be more clear.


Incidentally, in order to procure that fortune, I ventured out for Starbucks and Chinese food Sunday afternoon and in the process, I drove over something (ice, small person?) that bent on of the struts on my front end. You read that right, it's bent. 


2. I routinely stand in front of my overfull closet with my feet in that exact position, trying to determine what I'll wear that day. Yesterday, it was a tee shirt, jeans, and a grandpa sweater. I'm still wearing those socks. I'm also working from home today.


3. After taking my car into the shop (see above) I went to Whole Foods for lunch and groceries. First things first: one slice of mushroom and shallot pizza, one slice of killer philly cheesesteak. Cheesesteak pizza should not exist. Not because it's a bad idea or does not taste good (it does), but because you shouldn't combine too many good things into one. It throws off the balance of the universe and I wind up having a shit week to make up for this pizza of unnatural deliciousness.


4. I'm moving soon and won't be able to explore the produce lined aisles and olive bar.  I'll pine for their vegan pizza, greasy samosas, and brown rice sushi. Trader Joe's is fun and much cheaper (and a purveyor of the ever inexpensive [$3.29] Charles Shaw Cab Sav), Wegman's also has an olive bar and a completely respectable produce section but I'll miss the tidy rows of bok choy and eggplant, all lined up and stacked (not piled) on top of each other. This appeals to me the same way those design book pictures of living rooms with color coordinated book shelves. There's an organic Escheresque quality to the way green peppers fit on top of each other. 


5. When I finally got home from getting groceries (mostly getting to and from groceries) took entirely too long and when I got home all I wanted to do was paint my nails, read Nylon, and Dark Was The Night, the hippest hipster compilation I've ever come across (including the nigh-monthly Nylon mix, The monthly Paste Sampler, various and sundry UO CDs, and the soundtrack to Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist.) Lately, I've been trying to expand my musical horizons (nice to meet you, Dudes-who-scream-a-lot-over-intricately-brutal-guitar-work) and while I like what I've come across (mostly), this week I reverted to my comfort zone: Dudes with beards* and feelings. listen to

Except that I couldn't. Kora came over and I had to paint her nails and watch The Little Mermaid again. It bothers me that she loves that movie so much. I mean, I loved it too but more and more these Disney movies bother me. She literally gives up her voice and then her family for a man and there's Kora, staring at the screen. 


(*Beck does not have a beard but he makes up for it in the "feelings" category on Sea Changes.)


6. This is me about 20 minutes before the end of the Little Mermaid.

1 comment:

wondermart said...

Re: Whole Foods - there's one nearby. I know a short cut, though I've never been in it.